Monday, June 15, 2009

Trend Report: Riona

Phew. It's been a long week for everyone here at Söfft. We just got back from New York for the Spring 2010 FFANY trade show where we spent a lot of time setting up, running around, stressing out, showing off the shoes, and then breaking it all down. But in our downtime, we got to check out the crowded streets of Manhattan where, I'm proud to announce, gladiator sandals were on almost every woman's feet, from the casual shoppers to the working woman to the girl out for a night on the town. Lucky for me, I brought my Rionas in the Off White python print. I got so many compliments from strangers from the airport all the way to dinner. In fact, I had a hard time wearing any of my other shoes, and trust me, I brought enough for a new pair-a-day. By the end of the week, I had matched every outfit I packed with my Riona sandals. And to top it all off, they're functional: I even helped the guys load up the truck in them. Not that I recommend everyone do that in these shoes. But I speak from experience when I say that you'll be able to walk for miles and pull off the biggest fashion shoe trend of the summer at the same time. And don't be afraid of that sexy python print - see how well this shoe pairs with a variety of hot summer outfits!

Trend: Blue Hue
Riona becomes a great neutral for summer's blue looks.
Dress, J. Crew; Bracelets, French Connection; Earrings, Marciano; Bag, Chocolat Blu

Trend: Spring Floral

Re-interpret floral with a feminine paisley pattern in an eye-catching hue.
Dress, Charlotte Russe; Earrings, Forever 21; Charm bracelets, Express; Bag, Miu Miu



Trend: Safari Chic
Play off Riona's natural appeal with animal-inspired accessories and a neutral palette.
Tank, James Perse L.A.; Shorts and belt, Max Mara; Sweater, J. Crew; Necklace, Fiona Paxton; Clutch, Hobo International; Cuff, Alkemie


Trend: Shimmering Metallic Shining silver accessories, a snakeskin belt and a hot red dress amp up the glamour of this Gladiator sandal.
Dress, Alexander Wang; Belt, Ann Taylor; Earrings and cuff, Express; Clutch, Aleya


Trend: Soft ShortsRiona is perfect in this casual summertime look.
Shorts, Juicy Couture; Tank, Charlotte Russe; Necklace, Anthropologie; Ring, Blu Bijou; Bag, Bottega Venetta; Sunglasses, Anthropologie

*UPDATE: Looks like Riona caught some attention this weekend because we're sold out at Sofftshoe.com! But you can still grab a pair from any of our other retailers like Zappos.com & Shoe-store.net!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the snakeskin gladiator! That shoe is so cute, I can't wait to get a pair! Super cute outfits too!