Friday, May 15, 2009

A Shoe for Every Trend

Confession: Sometimes, shopping is a royal pain. Why is it that when I’m looking for something specific (like the perfect pair of black pants you never have to dry clean OR iron AND magically repels stains…) it somehow ceases to exist? Those spur-of-the-moment quick trips usually result in far too many impulse buys and I’m left with a lot of things to return and a lack of sensible things to wear. And when I flip through the pages of a magazine to find out what’s hot and what needs to be banished from my closet for being So Last Year, I’m immediately overwhelmed at the thought of shelling out my hard earned cash for things that certainly will be “out” in a few short seasons. I’ve taken a strong liking to grocery shopping recently. Let’s face it, the things I buy there are a sure bet and are never around long enough to be considered “out of style” (if things like broccoli and Cinnamon Toast Crunch were ever really “in” to begin with…).

But I’ve come up with a solution to the stresses of shopping. I’m sure everyone is being a bit more mindful of their spending these days and it pays to stretch a trend as far as it can go without stretching your wallet at the same time. So while pouring over the latest round of what’s hot and what’s not with my trusty companions Elle, Vogue, InStyle and Bazaar, I realized that there's an easy way to get the hottest looks with just one crucial key piece. I’ll give you a hint: it starts at your feet. That’s right, your shoes! In the next few weeks, I’ll show you how to take one pair of Söfft shoes and match it to all the new and stylish trends. Hopefully, this will alleviate some of your shopping woes as well; I know that I’m looking forward to moving beyond the frozen food aisle and into an actual clothing store.

This week’s spotlight is on the Solis in Dark Brown, a low-heeled Gladiator style. Check out how versatile this look can be!

Trend: Blue HueThis soothing color looks great with neutral brown accessories.
Dress, Converse; Earrings, Citrine by the Stones; Necklace, Rosena Sammi; Belt, Banana Repub
lic; Bag, Dooney & Bourke

Trend: Spring FloralA polished take on a big look for the spring.
Top, Arden B; Pants, Charlotte Russe; Watch, MICHAEL Michael Kors; Earrings, "Chelsea" from Aphrodite; Bag, J. Crew.

Trend: Safari ChicLook wildly sophisticated for the office.
Dress, Shoshanna; Earrings, Marion Cage; Watch, MICHAEL Michael Kors; Sunglasses, Michele; Bag, MICHAEL Michael Kors

Trend: Soft ShortsShorts get a dressy treatment with gold accessories and a crisp white top.
Top, Barneys New York; Shorts, Forever 21; Earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Necklace, Kenneth Jay Lane; Sunglasses, Marc by Marc Jacobs; Bag, Steven by Steve Madden

Trend: Shimmering Metallic
Shine in silver for a night out.
Top, Forever 21; Pants, Elie Tahari; Earrings, Marion Cage; Bracelets, French Connection; Clutch, Aldo

Voila, one shoe for five hot spring trends. Check back soon for another great featured shoe from Söfft!

No comments: